Social Media/AV Summer Job at St Paul’s
This is a rewarding opportunity for someone to really make a difference in our organization and gain valuable
experience which will enhance your resumé.
St Paul Anglican Church has a history of being innovative. This includes in social housing; LGBTQ2S+ inclusion; providing an advocacy service for those needing help with housing, benefits, etc.; an indoor labyrinth used by people of all faiths and none and, of course, a worshipping community that is growing and needs to become as diverse as the communities we seek to serve. For most of the pandemic, we were livestreaming services across our website, Facebook and YouTube up to eleven times a week.
We have a great story to tell and we want more people to join in ....but we struggle to make the best use of the various means of communication. We know that how we communicate is part of our message and that frustrates us because our neighbourhoods are predominately young and we have a disconnect. We have a problem – we need your help to solve it.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Your role is to help St Paul's achieve its ambition to be better 'connected' locally and to build on the ‘COVID-19 connections’ made across Canada and the globe.
To do that will involve:
• Working with a range of staff and volunteers, building relationships and contributing to their knowledge in the areas of social media and audio visual.
• Evaluating our current social media platforms and suggest changes/improvements.
• Working with the Leadership Team to develop a social media strategy.
• Reviewing and recommending improvements to our existing AV equipment and how we use it.
• Helping St Paul’s to engage more creatively with our existing and new digital audiences.
• Produce content and edit videos/audio files/photos.
• Develop social media house style, calendar and appropriate templates.
• Oversee the production aspects of our bigger livestream events.
• Recording training/information videos.
• Help to compile reliable and relevant usage statistics.
The successful candidate will:
• Be self-aware, friendly, with a positive attitude, and people-oriented
• Be familiar with Apple Macs, Adobe Creative Suite (or similar)
• Be proactive and a problem solver
• Take reasonability for tasks and see them through to completion
• Be organised
• Meet the mandatory criteria set by the Canada Summer Jobs scheme
Reports to: The Rector (Revd Philip Cochrane)
Anticipated Start Date: June 21, 2021 (can be earlier)
Compensation and Hours: The position is Part-Time (20 hours/week) for 14 weeks with a rate of pay of $17.50 an hour (potentially higher for an exceptional candidate).
There is scope for ongoing collaboration.
Work Pattern & Location: There is scope for a flexible work pattern, though working from the church on Sunday mornings would be expected. While office accommodation is provided at St Paul’s, some hours can be worked off site.
To learn more about St Paul’s Anglican Church, please visit our website at www.stpaulsanglican.bc.ca.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet the above requirements, please send in your cover letter and resume on or before June 14, 2021 to email@example.com. We reserve the right to fill the vacancy before that date, so early applications are encouraged.