Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stpaulslabyrinth/
The Labyrinth is found next door to St. Paul’s Anglican Church in the St Paul's Parish Hall complex (1140 Jervis Street) and is a full 13-metre replica of the medieval labyrinth laid in the stone floor of the 13th-century Cathédrale de Notre-Dame de Chartres, 80Km south of Paris, France. Our labyrinth was opened in 1996.
"The Labyrinth is a spiritual tool that has many applications in various settings. It reduces stress, quiets the mind and opens the heart. It is a walking meditation, a path of prayer, and a blue-print where psyche meets Spirit." - Rev. Lauren Artress
Who Walks? Why Walk?
For many, it is a way of centering themselves or of seeking insight during times of transition in their lives. For others, it is a channel for relating to the Divine.
The labyrinth is a spiritual form that is open to people of all faiths and spiritual disciplines as a resource for meditation, reflection, and prayer. Unlike a maze, labyrinths have only one path that leads into the centre and back out again. Often we have slips of paper and pens to write down your thoughts, meditations or prayers. There are also chairs and cushions for still forms of meditation and centering.
Who Created St Paul's Labyrinth?
St Pauls Labyrinth was created by a group of dedicated volunteers in 1996 under the initiative and leadership of the Reverend April Stanley during her appointment as associate priest at St Paul's. It is a program of St Paul's Anglican Church, funded as part of parish ministry.