St Paul's Anglican Church is situated in the heart of the vibrant West End district of downtown Vancouver. The area provides a unique blend of natural beauty and urban vitality, setting the stage for spiritual growth and community engagement.
Following the pandemic, we have taken the time to reflect and restructure, and now we are ready to invest in our most valuable asset - our people.
If you possess a mature Christian faith and a passion for utilizing your gifts and talents in service to others, we invite you to explore the various opportunities available within our community. We are seeking individuals who are dedicated to fostering a sense of inclusion and belonging, facilitating meaningful connections, and supporting the spiritual journeys of those around them.
Come and join us in this exciting phase of growth as we collaborate to enrich lives, build relationships, and deepen our spiritual connection.
Please take a moment to explore the following opportunities:
- Parish Administrator (permanent, part-time): We are currently seeking a Parish Administrator who will provide crucial support to the Parish Leadership, staff, and volunteers at St. Paul's. The ideal candidate should possess strong administrative and bookkeeping skills and enjoy working with a diverse range of people. We anticipate that this role will be for 20 hours per week, with some flexibility in how these are structured. A detailed job description can be downloaded below. Applications are being received on or before July 31, 2023
- Program Coordinator (contract, part time): Contribute to the development and implementation of our major new program, the Centre for Spiritual Re-Imagination, with its contemplative focus. Assist in creating opportunities for individuals and groups to engage in transformative practices and cultivate inner peace that leads to a more just and equitable world. A job description on can be downloaded below. Applications are being received on or before July 31, 2023
- New Community Worship Leader (contract, part-time): Help establish and co-lead at least one new in-person (possibly online as well) mid-week worshipping community that better connects us to people who do not relate to traditional Anglican worship. Bring your creativity and passion for inclusive worship experiences and establishing new expressions of church. Applications are being received until filled, more detailed information can be downloaded below.
- Digital Communications Specialist (contract, part-time): We are seeking a skilled and versatile Creative to develop our church's online strategy and content on a contract basis. The ideal candidate will possess a creative mindset, strong digital expertise, and a keen understanding of the "spiritual, but not religious" landscape prevalent in our region. More information can be downloaded below. Applications are being received on or before July 31, 2023
- Spiritual Mentors/Companions (contract, part-time): Support individuals on their spiritual journeys by providing guidance, pastoral care, and a listening ear. Help create a safe and nurturing environment where people can explore their faith and find support. Some offer these services for free / by donation and others make a charge - please make it clear what your own practice is. Expressions of interest addressed to the Rector are received throughout the year via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are ready to make a meaningful difference and be part of a community that values spiritual growth, connection, and service, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Resumes with a covering letter or inquiries can be addressed to our Rector, The Revd Philip Cochrane at email@example.com